2.24.2007

IM Title

I never thought getting the IM title would be this difficult...off the board!

A lot of people have been asking me why I haven't received my title yet. The answer: I don't really know. Basically, I've been e-mailing back-and-forth with the USCF since I scored my final norm last June. I subsequently scored a fourth norm at the UTD Grandmaster Invitational in December.

Carol Jarecki e-mailed me a few days ago and said that FIDE has essentially confirmed my title, but it just hasn't shown up on the FIDE website.

This is all rather strange. Most title applications are listed on the FIDE website weeks or months before the congress meets to ratify them. My application has never been listed. For now, I'm just watching my rating card to see when (if ever!) I receive this elusive title.

No comments: